Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100-599: Toshiba Power Saver service couldn't start

1. Satellite A100-599: Toshiba Power Saver service couldn't start
    Beginner
    I have A100-599 with Vista pre-installed. As you know there is Toshiba Power Saver bundled with vista mobile power settings. Not always, but sometimes when I turn on the computer and windows starts I get this message "Toshiba Power Saver service couldn't start".

When I checked in Control Panel->System->Services if the service indeed off I saw that it did start and is running.

Can someone tell me why this message sometimes pops up? Is it a software issue or may be there is a problem with the hardware?

2. Re: Satellite A100-599: Toshiba Power Saver service couldn't start
    Beginner
    hi,

The simplest way to solve this issue is to recover the OS with the Toshiba recovery CD.
    In this case all programs and the whole OS should works without any problems.
    You have suggested that you have the recovery CD. Use it.
    Before you will start this procedure, make a backup of your all important files

-----------------------------------
    software reviews

3. Re: Toshiba Power Saver service couldn't start
    Beginner
    correction - the message states: "toshiba power saver service has been stopped so settings cannot be changed".
    I don't want to use the repair DVD and start the system from scratch. It took me a while to install all the software I need and I don't want to repeat the proccess. All I want to know is how to make sure that the service in fact is running and there is no problem with the hardware.
    This is how it looks like:
    http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tpssqv3.jpg

4. Re: Toshiba Power Saver service couldn't start
    Master
    Hi

May Iím wrong but as far as I know Toshiba did not design the Power saver for the Vista OS!!!
    The Vista uses an own power options which looks like a little bit like the Toshiba power saver but this is not the Toshiba power saver!

All the notebooks which are delivered with Vista have no preinstalled Toshiba power saver!!!