Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Memory upgrade on Satellite 1900-803

1. Memory upgrade on Satellite 1900-803
    Beginner
    How do you get keyboard off this model to upgrade memory?

2. Re: Memory upgrade on Satellite 1900-803
    Master
    Why keyboard removing????
    In my knowledge the expansion memory module slot is placed at the bottom of the unit near to the fan.
    The cover should be secured with one screw. Just simply remove the screw and cover and you will be able to upgrade the memory.

3. Re: Memory upgrade on Satellite 1900-803
    Beginner
    There are two slots but only one slot takes the recomended memory the other slot is shorter i believe there is another slot under the keyboard as the book says there are two slots this size

4. Re: Memory upgrade on Satellite 1900-803
    Master
    Hi

The memory slots you will find at the bottom of the unit!
    Under the keyboard you will find a place for the WLan card!

But your question was “How to remove keyboard”.
    Well, before placing here an description how to do it I must say that everything what you do is on you own risk!
    Be careful buddy!!!

So if you wan to remove the keyboard you should

1. Depress the right-hand key on the back row of your keyboard and insert a thin tool
    into the narrow hole that is revealed in the keyboard brace latch below the keyboard brace.
    2. Use the tool to slide the keyboard brace latch to the right. The keyboard brace will pop up allowing you to lift it out.
    3. Remove two silver screws securing the keyboard and lift the keyboard out and turn it face down on the palm rest.
    Be careful not to apply pressure to the keyboard cable
    4. Disconnect the keyboard cable from the system board and remove the keyboard.

That’s all.