Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to solve no bass problem on Satellite A110-230?

1. How to solve no bass problem on Satellite A110-230?
    Beginner
    I have read about other users having some problems with sound. There is no bass when I connect my stereo system. So I used the search and found a solution.

Renamed two files! The sound quality is better now but incomparable with other laptops I tried. Are there any updated files or something to solve this problem fully? Maybe someone knows other drivers of a similar device I could install? I use Satellite A110-230.

P.S. I read about these problems in forum. These posts are added a long time ago. Hasn't anything changed? Weren’t some new drivers released?
    Nobody properly solved this problem?

2. Re: How to solve no bass problem on Satellite A110-230?
    Master
    Hi

I think the renaming of the two files was a solution and the bass appeared.
    In my knowledge the notebook was delivered with “no brand” speakers.
    So in my opinion the speaker’s quality in not the same likes with the Harman kardon speakers.

The unit supports also a sound on board chip Realtek ALC861.
    You could try to install the newest driver from the Realtek site and if you are lucky maybe the bass quality will increase.
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/

3. Re: How to solve no bass problem on Satellite A110-230?
    Beginner
    i have same problem with bass with A110-195.
    I tried to rename and delete those two files (RTHDAEQ0 and RTHDAEQ1) and then was a better sound!