Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Booting from CD on Tecra M2

1. Booting from CD on Tecra M2
    Beginner
    Hi!

I've got a big problem, I've lately bought a 2nd hand Tecra M2 and now I can't get it to boot from the CD. I got it with installed 'Windows XP Home'. Because it was full of craps (slow, full of photos, documents.. etc.) I wiped it all away. To be more precise I reinstalled Windows XP. However! I didn't get a recovery CD with my laptop, so I used a win CD we've got in the office.

To boot it from CD I just marked right thing in 'Start'>'Toshiba'>'Tools'>'control center (or something similar)'. However! There's no such thing there now!

I don't know what to do. I downloaded all drivers from the web, I've installed them, but I just don't know why I don't have this option of changing the boot device...

I'm used to Linux (slacks on the desktop) and I wanted to try it out on my laptop, that's why I posted this message in here.

Please help!

Regards
    Tom

Sorry for my english, i'm not native speaker.

2. Re: Booting from CD on Tecra M2
    Master
    Sorry for my question but what do you search for?
    Do you want to boot up from the CD/DVD drive? If yes, why you don’t change the booting order in the BIOS?
    You can also boot from the drive pressing the C button immediately after notebook starting.

Ps: If you want to have a OS which is running without any problems you should install the Toshiba drivers in the right order.
    Now you will ask -> “What to hell is a right order?”

On the Toshiba driver page I have found an “installation instruction”. Simply follow this guide line…