Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400 - Temperature?

1. Portege M400 - Temperature?
    Beginner
    I have a Portege M400 running XP SP2, and during normal use the temperature usually lies between 55 and 65 degrees celcius. At load the temperature is consistently above 60 degrees, between 60 and 75 degrees celsius.
    I wondered if this is a normal temperature range - or perhaps I have been so unlucky as to have gotten a defective CPU.

Jonas

2. Re: Portege M400 - Temperature?
    Master
    Hello

I am pretty sure you know that CPU temperature depends on CPU usage and also of notebook position (on the desk or on the knees) and how the unit can be cooled down.

In my opinion there is no reason to be worried. Now while typing this message and listening online radio (without much activity) CPU temperature is 63 degrees Celsius.

Anyway I recommend you to update BIOS on your unit. I donít know if you have saw info about new BIOS update for M400 under http://support.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB6A01KJ0000R01.htm