Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Product Recovery on Satellite Pro M70 (PSM75)

1. Product Recovery on Satellite Pro M70 (PSM75)
    Beginner
    Hello,

I decided to do a product recovery of my laptop after a several incidents of the computer shutting down. After I backed up my important files and documents, I inserted the Product Recovery CD and turned the computer off as instructed in the manual. Then I turned it on and followed instructions. I came to the Recovery Console and chose the option #1 (WindowsXP, Norsk (My language), then #1 again (Start installation) and then #1 another time (the recovery of the whole hdd option) and #1 again (Warning message - Continue..).

Now I get the Error message:

"Could not wipe disk #1"

And here I am now. I cannot do nothing more. Does someone got any advise on what maybe wrong?

2. Re: Product Recovery on Satellite Pro M70 (PSM75)
    Master
    It seems there is something wrong on the HDD and the Toshiba recovery CD is not able to erase the HDD. Maybe because of some partitions.
    You should try to delete and format the HDD on a different way and then to use the Toshiba recovery CD.

PS: You could try to boot up from another Microsoft CD. Usually the Windows CD deletes and formats the HDD.

3. Re: Product Recovery on Satellite Pro M70 (PSM75)
    Beginner
    Hello Jeffrey,

Thx for the quick reply! I did try to use another windows cd I got for another machine, but then I got an Error Code 7 and the message that the file \i386\ntkrnlmp.exe cannot be loaded. (The message was in norwegian if the translation is not quite identical to the english one).

Is there a procedure for formatting a Toshiba HDD? I have tried using format C: etc. but then i get the message "Bad command or file name"

4. Re: Product Recovery on Satellite Pro M70 (PSM75)
    Master
    nice points... thanks ;)

Ps: check this MS knowledge base article:
    Error Message: Ntkrnlmp.exe Could Not Be Loaded Error Code 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812580