Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to upgrade RAM module in Satellite Pro A100 (PSAACE)?

1. How to upgrade RAM module in Satellite Pro A100 (PSAACE)?
    Beginner
    Hey,

I've just bought a RAM module to fit in my currently empty RAM slot but I have never installed any laptop memort before this. I have checked out a few guides but none seem to show the kind of clips the Pro A100 has.

Could anyone please help me by pointing me in the direction of a specific guide or taking their time to explain the process to me.

Thank you in advance.
    Jason

2. Re: How to upgrade RAM module in Satellite Pro A100 (PSAACE)?
    Enthusiast
    Hi,

I don't have an A100, but normally the process is always the same.
    Insert the module in the slot and push it down until the brackets will fix it.

Bye

3. Re: How to upgrade RAM module in Satellite Pro A100 (PSAACE)?
    Master
    On the bottom side in the middle is placed memory cover. Remove it and you will see two memory slots there. I presume your unit is delivered with one memory module only and new one you must put into empty socket and simply press it down. Two metal brackets will fix it in the right position.

That's all you must do. By the way: before you start do anything I recommend you to disconnect AC power supply and also remove battery.