Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Reset BIOS password on Portege M400 - Bios Manufacturer?

1. Reset BIOS password on Portege M400 - Bios Manufacturer?
    Beginner
    I have a Toshiba M400 and i was wondering how i could reset the bios password. I disabled the finger print scanner recently becuase i decided i dont need it anymore but it still asks for a bios password which i forgot. I used to just swipe my finger and it would let me boot up and all that gravey.

If you guys know how to reset the password. Either physically or through software that would be awesome.

Or if you guys know who is the bios manufacturer for Portege M400's I could probebly give them a call and ask my self.

I could send it in but I want to avoid that and leave it as a last option.

BTW this laptop was purchased in USA.

2. Re: Reset BIOS password on Portege M400 - Bios Manufacturer?
    You will be not able to remove the BIOS password yourself if you have forgotten it.
    As far as I know the manufacture of the BIOS which was preinstalled on Portégé M400 is......... Toshiba ;)

So you have to contact the authorized Toshiba service provider in your country and only these guys are able to remove the BIOS password which you have forgotten.