Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: What is a different between Satellite and Equium A100-306

1. What is a different between Satellite and Equium A100-306
    Beginner
    This is general question really but as the end result may be the A100-306 I have placed it here. Could anyone explain why two laptops which look identical and have similar features are called either Satellite or Equium. I have a A100-583 now and thinking of getting a second laptop. I see the Equium has similar features, although has core 2 duo and media centre. However I see other Toshibas similar under the name Satellite. What dictates the naming?

Question 2 relates to the chips. What is the relevance of the number after the chip, in this case T5500. Trying to find the answer is not easy for me at least. Some models do not even appear on the intel site at all now. On another forum I have seen someone describe it like this.

"The Core 2 Duo T5500 is a bottom of the range core 2 duo, which is dual celeron core, so dont expect too much from it".

Are they right?

Any help in explaining the above appreciated

2. Re: What is a different between Satellite and Equium A100-306
    Master
    Hello

I am not 100% sure but Equium and Satellite notebooks are actually the same notebooks but Equium is the name for UK market. That’s all! If the hardware configuration is the right one it is not important how the notebook description is.

About processor I can not tell you much but everything you need you will find under http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/mobile/processors/index.htm

I don’t know why some people write “don’t expect too much from it”. I am sure you will be very satisfied with notebook performance and if you need more of it you can expand RAM anytime. After doing this the notebook will run definitely faster as before.

3. Re: What is a different between Satellite and Equium A100-306
    Master
    I can confirm this… the Satellite models are very similar to the Equium.
    The chassis design is the same but there could be an differences between the hardware components.

4. Re: What is a different between Satellite and Equium A100-306
    Beginner
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies. As there is nothing in the way of s solid difference I will check out the specs and just get what is best.

Thanks
    Dave