Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Low data transfer with memory stick on a Satellite A100-207

1. Low data transfer with memory stick on a Satellite A100-207
    Beginner
    Hi, whenever I stick the memory stick from my Sony Ericsson P990i Smartphone into my notebook it says it has detected new hardware and needs to reboot to use it.

I kinda expected this first time, but it does it EVERY TIME now. Which means transfering files onto the memory stick takes a lot longer than it should and it is far easier (but a lot less convient) to transfer them via my network to my main home PC and use the card reader in my Epson printer to put the files on the memory stick.

Anyone know why this happens and how to stop it. I need to regularly update files on the memory stick as they are edited both on the laptop and the phone (via QucikOffice which comes pre-installed and alows editing of word and excel files).

Any help or ideas is appreicated.

Andy

2. Re: Low data transfer with memory stick on a Satellite A100-207
    Master
    Hello

I donít know which memory card you use with your mobile phone but please be sure this card can be also used in Satellite Multiple Digital Media card slot.

Maybe you need Memory stick pro dup adapter.

3. Re: Low data transfer with memory stick on a Satellite A100-207
    Master
    I agree with Andrej. You should be 100% sure that this card is compatible with the card reader on the notebook.
    Furthermore what transfer rate do you expect?
    I think every card has different write/read access times. So do not compare it with other cards.