Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite M40x-119: WLan connection frequently disconnects

1. Satellite M40x-119: WLan connection frequently disconnects
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a Satellite m40x-119 laptop. my wireless connection frequently disconnects after some time at each connection. i have a roboticts wireless adsl modem. i don't know what to do or what to download. i will be glad if you can help me.

with best wishes...

Rasit Türkmen, istanbul, Turkey.

2. Re: Satellite M40x-119: WLan connection frequently disconnects
    Hello Rasit

First of all you can try to install latest driver you can find on Toshiba download page under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp

By the way: did you test it with some other router? Is there the same situation?

3. Re: Satellite M40x-119: WLan connection frequently disconnects
    Beginner
    what exactly am i going to download from that page? i downloaded wireless lan driver but i got a message that it is the same version with the one in my laptop.

i didn't test it with other router.

4. Re: Satellite M40x-119: WLan connection frequently disconnects
    If you use the Intel WLan card so I would recommend visiting the Intel website and checking the available driver version for your WLan card. If there is a newer version then download the driver and install it!

Furthermore please check in the WLan card properties the “Advanced” tab. There you can disable the power save option.
    Check it!

The testing with other WLan routers is also very useful because there could be a compatibility issue between card and router!

5. Re: Satellite M40x-119: WLan connection frequently disconnects
    Beginner
    ok i will try and inform you;)

6. Re: Satellite M40x-119: WLan connection frequently disconnects
    Beginner
    ok thank you guys, after i downloaded the files that were recently uploaded to this site, the problem is now solved(it is not getting disconnected till 3 hours:D)

original link is: http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/ added on: 13.10.2006 if anybody needs it from the same reasons;)

Message was edited by: andikurt