Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P10 cuts out unexpectedly after 4/5 minutes of being powered ON

1. Satellite P10 cuts out unexpectedly after 4/5 minutes of being powered ON
    Beginner
    Hey, I am experiencing a significant problem with my 2.5 year old Satellite P10.
    The issue is that it cuts out unexpectedly after 4/5 minutes of being powered on.

After it cuts out it WONT switch on again for approx 7-10 HOURS, even with the power lead in it displays the 4 lights at the front but it wont even power-up the Bootstrap routine.

I have tried various power/battery combinations and I still get the same issue.
    I am sure it is overheating and then taking hours to oool down.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Ben

2. Re: Satellite P10 cuts out unexpectedly after 4/5 minutes of being powered on
    Master
    Hi Ben,

It definitely sounds like an over-heating issue from your description although I would expect it to recover much more quickly than 7-10 hours. You could try the technique of vacuuming the dust out of the air intake grilles to see if this improves the situation. Also check that the fans do work correctly and that there is enough space around the unit when it is in use.

regards,