Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400 clean Windows XP installation - it works!

1. Portege M400 clean Windows XP installation - it works!
    Beginner
    The pre-installed XP and the (same) version on the recovery CD is overloaded with "features" and is far too slow. So I installed a clean Windowx XP Tablet version. I had to buy Windowe Windowx XP Tablet version and a USB floppy for the RAID driver.

Installing over the original Windows (rather than re-formatting), I was able to use the existing C:\ToolsCD directory to locate the drivers (which are not on the Windows XP CD). You need this for the video, the network and WIFI, and for the biometrics (as a minimum).

I've also installed 2G of memory once I plucked up enough courage to remove the keyboard.

Finally, the computer is reasonably fast.

2. Re: Portege M400 clean Windows XP installation - it works!
    Master
    Thanks for the feedback

I would add only that the necessary drivers are also available on the Toshiba website.

3. Re: Portege M400 clean Windows XP installation - it works!
    Master
    Hi

Good news! I hope that this topic is good argument that own OS installation can be successfully on this unit.

Thanks again.