Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100 : question about Toshiba HW Setup utility

1. Satellite A100 : question about Toshiba HW Setup utility
    Beginner
    When I try to activate the HW Setup a message box appears with the message: Gemeinsame Module wurde beendet.
    I thought a programm would guide me through the HW Setup as described in the Toshiba Benutzerhandbuch.

What I really wanted to do is:
    1. I have to connect a second monitor to my notebook today in the evening.
    2. When I hit Fn+F5, my screen gets dark. Hit Fn+F5 again: screen is normally activated.
    I expected to see a selection box where I can choose the monitor configuration. (This happened in the past).
    3. In order to check my settings I wanted to use HW Setup as described in the Toshiba Benutzerhandbuch.
    Result: Look above.
    Can you help please?

Message was edited by: Smiley

2. Re: Satellite A100 : question about Toshiba HW Setup utility
    Master
    Hi

I don’t know exactly what is meaning by “gemeinsame module” but maybe it’s a common module application.
    This application is necessary for properly working of different Toshiba tools.
    In this case I would recommend reinstalling this application.

3. Re: Satellite A100 : question about Toshiba HW Setup utility
    Master
    Hello

When the unit has “factory settings” (preinstalled with recovery CD) all Toshiba designed applications work “harmonic” and you can use all available FN+Fx functions. It is probably something deleted or is some file is missing there.

I don’t know what did you done to disturb this “harmonic” functionality but only thing you can do is to reinstall common modules. I really don’t know if this will help but you can try it. Other way is to reinstall unit with recovery media and have “factory settings” again.