Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra M4 tablet mouse jumpy

1. Tecra M4 tablet mouse jumpy
    Beginner
    hi need help please , have a mouse problem or system problem which im unshore , but if the machines bizy opening a program the mouse jumps around the screen when i move it , this machine is branspankers and has done it from the day i got it , ive set the machine to max performance and turn off all the mice apart from external , its got all the latest drivers and bios , also does it in one of my games you can move forward and backwards side to side with the arrow keys but when moving the mouse it locks in one place every 15 second or so, but you can still move around with arrow keys

Message was edited by: supermarket-sweep

2. Re: Tecra M4 tablet mouse jumpy
    Hi

I have had similar problem and after keyboard replacement everything was ok. Obviously the accu pointing device was defective.
    If you have this problem since first day why you didnít contact your local dealer and test it with other unit?

By the way: do you have the same issue if accu pointer is disabled?

3. Re: Tecra M4 tablet mouse jumpy
    Beginner
    hi

this is not the same problem sorry, you had with your machine, mine is a machine problem not a mouse problem.
    The mouse jumps because the machine is running like a slug and is having a problems multi tasking, say like open my computer on the desktop the mouse may jump across screen and the same with starting programs.

I removed all the program toshiba pre loaded and this has stopped a lot of the jumping.
    I've reinstalled xp, updated drivers, closed power management, closed down all mouse operations on the machine and been in contact 3x with toshiba who told me to take it to pcworld which i really dont want to do.

I want to send it to Toshiba service parnter to be fix.

4. Re: Tecra M4 tablet mouse jumpy , needs fixing or replacing who do u trust ?
    Beginner
    Hi,
    can anyone tell me who to contact about my Tecra M4, before I smash it???
    I've talked to support, and really I need to send this machine back to Toshiba.
    Let's see it, I've been here already where I sent my £1400 HiFi (thing) off to a shop and 3x it came back with more problems than it started with.
    I will blew it up in the end, and my last laptop has ended up spending 12 weeks being fixed, so i want to send this off to a proper place! not proxy pcworld aaargghh cannot believe they sent me there

5. Re: Tecra M4 tablet mouse jumpy , needs fixing or replacing who do u trust ?
    Beginner
    I have the same problems with two Tecra M4 notebooks -> support said, i have to send it in! -> but what is the problem? -> it is much better after disabling the nvidia desktop manager -> i think the driver is not very good, but there is no newer one!

Also it is not possible to use an external Monitor with 1600x1050...

6. Re: Tecra M4 tablet mouse jumpy , needs fixing or replacing who do u trust ?
    Hi Wibeco

Let them check the units. After repairing they should be able to explain you what the problem was. The addresses you can find under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/ > Support & Downloads > Find an ASP.

I am not 100% sure but Ď1600x1200í resolution should be supported but Ď1600x1050í Ö.. I really donít know. It is sometimes very interesting which needs people have.

Please donít be mad on me but you can really not expect the notebook can satisfy all your wishes.