Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400 and Autocad2007

1. Portege M400 and Autocad2007
    Beginner
    I can't change the color or lineweight of a layer using the dialog box. You can select a new color/lineweight, but the change is not executed. It works on my desktop computer. I think this is a video driver problem. Does anyone have a fix?

2. Re: Portege M400 and Autocad2007
    Master
    Hi

Well, it seems that this is a newest version of this AutoCAD application.
    Maybe itís only a setting issue. Iím not a AutoCad expert but check the Toshiba driver page and compare the display driver versions.

I would also recommend asking the AutoCad manufacture support.

Ps. Check also this page:
    http://www.jtbworld.com/autocad2007.htm

3. Re: Portege M400 and Autocad2007
    Beginner
    It's not a settings issue. I have the latest video driver (display-pm400-xp-614104631.zip). AutoCAD cannot solve what is clearly a problem with Toshiba's harware/software.

-ne

4. Re: Portege M400 and Autocad2007
    Master
    If all other applications accept the installed graphic driver and only the AutoCAD will not work so I assume there is a compatibility problem. Why, itís not easy to say. i'm not a AutoCAD expert.
    Not sure if it will solve your issue but try to use a omega graphic driver

5. Re: Portege M400 and Autocad2007
    Beginner
    Where can I get the Omega driver? The M400 display adapter is an "Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report" which doesn't seem to be an option on http://www.omegadrivers.net/

-ne

6. Re: Portege M400 and Autocad2007
    Hi Nicholas

In my knowledge the omega drivers supports only Nvidia and ATI graphic chips and not the Intel.
    If you unit has Intel graphic card so you can get the drivers for this card from the Toshiba or the Intel site.