Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio F20: Touchpad scrolling feature dosen't work any more

1. Qosmio F20: Touchpad scrolling feature dosen't work any more
    Beginner
    Hello there,

I have a Qosmio F20 and only had it for less than a year, I have always used the touch pad and the quick launch feature, never changed anything in the touch pad settings nor any major changes in the operating system, i have a problem now!

the touch pads scrolling feature dosen't work any more, you know how the right side is to scroll up/down and the bottom for scrolling left/right, now it dosen't work.... my brother used my computer and he installed a bluetooth program, infrared driver, he used a USB mouse and installed Nokia PC suite.
    NOW what do i do? HEEELP!!!!!!

Thanks.

2. Re: Qosmio F20: Touchpad scrolling feature dosen't work any more
    Master
    Hi

You brother has installed a lot of applications and also a USB mouse.
    Who knows what he has changed on your notebook.

If the touchpad scrolling function does not work so I assume the settings were changed.
    In your case I would recommend checking the touchpad settings.
    You should find it under the mouse settings in the control panel.

As far as I know you can find these settings in the Toshiba touch and launch.

3. Re: Qosmio F20: Touchpad scrolling feature dosen't work any more
    Beginner
    i tried that, the touch and launch is there and i looked every where for anything that would turn on the scrolling again, and the touch and launch does the settings and i chose what i want as short cuts but when i apply the settings the pad dosent sense anything i touch here there everywhere!!!!!!! :( oh and there USED to be a small icon next to the touch and launch icon that indicates where im touching on the pad,,, now it isnt there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Re: Qosmio F20: Touchpad scrolling feature dosen't work any more
    Master
    Is it possible that you have disabled touchpad function? Check the FN+F9.
    But if it doesnít help so the easiest way is to reinstall the touchpad driver and also the necessary utilities.

5. Re: Qosmio F20: Touchpad scrolling feature dosen't work any more
    Master
    Hi

I donít know if this will help but you can check touch pad settings and check how wide scroll area on the right side is. There you can make it a little bit wider.

6. Re: Qosmio F20: Touchpad scrolling feature dosen't work any more
    Beginner
    i tried the settings and nothing about width of scroll area, i also tried FN+F9 and the pad is on and working fine nothing different there, i tried mous settings and nothing changed there..... i dont know what to do....
    NOW i tried reinstalling the driver from the file TOOLS CD and touch pad drivers and NOTHING it just starts to install then POOF it goes away in less that 3 seconds! i dont know what wrong......... thanks for your help i think i will just take it to the store and they figure it out! :(

7. Re: Qosmio F20: Touchpad scrolling feature dosen't work any more
    Master
    Hello

It is also possible that any installing stuff has negative influence on preinstalled driver and settings. If you have any created restore point before this happen try to roll back OS to earlier time. Other way you can save all your important data and reinstall unit with recovery media. Check if the problem will be solved on this way.

I am pretty sure that it is a software problem and I donít believe that guys in the PC store can give you some better advice. Anyway, if you will solve it please let us know.

8. Re: Qosmio F20: Touchpad scrolling feature dosen't work any more
    Beginner
    i will try what u said, i just need to find the cd now and will let u know how it goes
    , thanx