Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: ConfigFree Error: How to install only this Toshiba utility?

1. ConfigFree Error: How to install only this Toshiba utility?
    Beginner
    hi all,

i was infected by a trojan, and the detault AV doesn't aware of it, so i install the AVG free edition to scan.
    the AVG caught a numbers of virus and require to restart the machine in order to healing it, after a reboot, my configFree prompt me an error says : XFERRECV_RecvMain():socket() error 661, 10106

i was trying to reinstall the configFree, but toshiba's recovery disc will format my window, it is impossible for me to reinstall so many things as i am rush to my project in this week, thanks for reading and helps.

2. Re: ConfigFree Error: How to install only this Toshiba utility?
    Beginner
    Hi Dark-heaven

Sorry to hear of your virus infection, I hope AVG has manged to clean it up without losing any of your work.

You can uninstall just the ConfigFree utility using Control Panel, then Add/Remove programs. Once this is done, a new ConfigFree installation can be carried out. The ConfigFree utility can be downloaded from Toshiba's Download section in Technical Supportor installed individually from the recovery CD if you browse it, there should be a download in the section for your particular computer model if you are getting it from the internet.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

3. Re: ConfigFree Error: How to install only this Toshiba utility?
    Master
    Yes, it's always pity if the virus destroys the OS.
    However, you can download the ConfigFree from the Toshiba driver page:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp

It should be possible to install only this tool.