Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: DVD Ram Drive Not Recognised Equium A60

1. DVD Ram Drive Not Recognised Equium A60
    Beginner
    I have an Equium A60, just over a year and a half old.

The problem is the DVD/CD Drive cannot be found in windows explorer or under my computer.

It can be seen under device manager but there is an explanation mark next to it. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them by downloading them from the Toshiba website, but it is still the same.

Is the only solution to use the recovery CD?

2. Re: DVD Ram Drive Not Recognised Equium A60
    Scholar
    Hi

This will help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

Bye

3. Re: DVD Ram Drive Not Recognised Equium A60
    Master
    Hi

The new OS installation is a last possibility but before you will recover the OS with the delivered Toshiba recovery CD I would recommend trying the procedure which was described on the Microsoft support page.

Maybe it will help you. If not you can try to install the OS again

4. Re: DVD Ram Drive Not Recognised Equium A60
    Beginner
    Thanks for that. I used the microsoft website posted, got my DVD drive back. However, somewhere inbetween all that sonic record lost some files, wouldn't reinstall without uninstalling and couldn't uninstall because of missing files. Additionally, I kept getting error messages with iTunes when trying to burn cds which I have seen in other threads (4280 I think it was).

Long and short of it - I used the recovery cd and started from scratch. Having mentioned the iTunes error message - this turned out to be a type of CD-R I was using (I thought I could use any but apparently not).

Once again thanks for your time and help!