Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P20-S203 - Bluetooth not working...

1. Satellite P20-S203 - Bluetooth not working...
    Beginner
    Just aquired this used laptop and although there seems to be a bluetooth minipci card present when I install the Bluetooth Stack I receive the following message 'Please plug in the bluetooth device and click OK button' - seems not to be detecting the module, I've checked its seated properly... any ideas anyone??? stumped...

Thanks in advance...
    Terry

2. Re: Satellite P20-S203 - Bluetooth not working...
    deepblue
    Have a look at:
    http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/redirect.php?page=pages/faq/bluetoothnotworking.html
    Maybe it can help you to find the cause of your problem.

3. Re: Satellite P20-S203 - Bluetooth not working...
    Beginner
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply... I checked and I have no B serial or bluetooth label... however in the module bay there is installed what appears to be a bluetooth minipci card... weird... any ideas if there is anything that can be done to upgrade this laptop to be bluetooth enabled? TIA.

4. Re: Satellite P20-S203 - Bluetooth not working...
    deepblue
    If there is no BT label or no "B" in stick as descibed in the FAQ section of the BT website, then it is something else, which you found in your notebook. I guess e.g. the modem. The FAQ section reports also the following:
    A internal Bluetooth module should be in your system if the "System devices"
    section of the "Device Manager" shows a "Bluetooth ACPI from Toshiba" device.
    So if you do not have such a device, then it is most likely that no Bluetooth is inside your notebook.

5. Re: Satellite P20-S203 - Bluetooth not working...
    Beginner
    Hi,

I bought a PA3370 Bluetooth SD Card3 thinking it would solve all my problems... however I can't get this to be recognised either... any ideas?

6. Re: Satellite P20-S203 - Bluetooth not working...
    Hi

the card you've seen before sounds like it is the Wifi-card. The Wifi-card sit's in a mini-PCI slot.

The SD-card should work with the P20-S203. I use a BT SD Card2 (the older version) and it works fine.

Is the machine factory installed or did you install it from a generic Windows media?
    Does it recognise the card at all when inserted?

BR Tom

7. Re: Satellite P20-S203 - Bluetooth not working...
    deepblue
    Check your Notebook manual if your SD slot support "SDIO" (9-pins). If this is not the case, then only SD memory (7-pins) card will work in it.

8. Re: Satellite P20-S203 - Bluetooth not working...
    Beginner
    If your SD slot supports SDIO, then check also if your SD Hostcontroller is up to date. If not, then have a look into the download section.