Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Upgrade DVD firmware on Satellite M70-160

1. Upgrade DVD firmware on Satellite M70-160
    Beginner
    Hi all, i searched the forum but i didn't find anything similar, so here is my problem.
    i bought a DVD+R DL RiDisc (CMC Manufacturer) and although NERO sees it as a DL, it can't write it, showing me this error
    "Focus or tracking error
    D: MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ-841S
    ...Could not perform start of Disc-at-once".

i called the shop where i bought the disc and told me that the drive needs firmware upgrade...

So the question, how can i upgrade it and where can i find the firmware??

i know the manual don't say anything about CMC manufacturer, but only for MCC, TY etc, but perhaps some day i'll need this kind of discs.
    the drive is Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-841S according to windows, but according to manual is UJ-841B. are they really different?

thank you all.

2. Re: Upgrade DVD firmware on Satellite M70-160
    Hi

I have read on some websites and other forums that not all DL medias are compatible.
    Iím not sure if you need different firmware for UJ-841S and UJ-841B.
    I have found this website. On his site you should be able to find many firmware applications.
    Maybe you will find the right one:
    http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php#C

3. Re: Upgrade DVD firmware on Satellite M70-160
    Master
    Hi Niko

If you Google a little bit you will find a lot of forums where the users have the same problem with different DVD burners.

I recommend you to download latest Nero version and try again.

4. Re: Upgrade DVD firmware on Satellite M70-160
    Beginner
    Thanks for your answers.
    I have seen this site but the UJ-841S that has, it is not for Toshiba laptops. Is it safe to use it?
    I have also Google it and nothing particular, except from the site that you mentioned above...

Have you ever had problems like this?

Thanks again.