Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A60: Need a recovery CD

1. Satellite A60: Need a recovery CD
    Beginner
    Hi All,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A60-682 (PSA60E), and two weeks ago the HD crashed.
    Unfortunately I lost the recovery CD and I cannot rebuild OS (Windows XP Home) and drivers.
    I asked to Authorised Toshiba Service partner, but they said to me that the Recovery CD for my Satellite A60 is not more available.
    There are only 2 solution:
    a) purchase a new Windows XP CD with License from Microsoft and install drivers (downloading them from the Toshiba site)
    b) get a copy of Recovery CD for Satellite A60 from other user that have this model of notebook.

Could anybody help me? Could anybody send to me a copy of these recovery CDs?

thanks in advance

2. Re: Satellite A60: Need a recovery CD
    Beginner
    Hello Marfonta,

i can not believe that Toshiba can not offer a Recovery Disc for the Satellite A60. This model is i think at least 3 years old. Furthermore how can the Authorized Service Partner say, "buy a new Windows XP, a new License from Microsoft"??? You have a Win XP License (Sticker on the bottom of the Notebook).
    I would recommend to ask another Authorized Service Partner from Toshiba (i guess he will have another answer).

Br, rYan

3. Re: Satellite A60: Need a recovery CD
    Beginner
    Hello rYan,

thank you for your answer. I thought the same, why do i need a License if i have already it?
    I will try with another Authorized Service Partner from Toshiba!!

Regards, Marco

4. Re: Satellite A60: Need a recovery CD
    Hi

I agree with IrYan. The Toshiba should have always the recovery CDs.
    Check this link:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_gaspLocator.jsp?pf=true

There you will find all service partners.