Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Icon overload - How to remove the icons from system tray?

1. Icon overload - How to remove the icons from system tray?
    Hi,

I'd forgotten that Toshiba was more icon-obsessed than the Catholic church. Can anyone remind me how I get rid of all the Toshiba icons in the system tray that don't have remove options?

Thanks,

Evan

2. Re: Icon overload - How to remove the icons from system tray?
    Master
    Hi

All the icons which appear in the system tray are started and running applications in the background.
    All this programs are necessary to use different functions on the notebook. For example:
    power saver, touch pad, etc.
    Well, there is a possibility to hide not used applications:
    Right click on the green Start button -- Task bar tab -- enable option “Hide inactive icons”

3. Re: Icon overload - How to remove the icons from system tray?
    Master
    Hi

Those icons belongs to the running applications. Most of them you can remove if you close those running applications. Mostly clicking with right mouse button and choosing EXIT option.

By next start up they will be there again. The only solution is to remove those applications from startup folder or disable start up option. This option you can find on this way START > RUN > msconfig > OK > startup tab – there you can remove checkmark for every application that should not start after next start.

Bye