Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: SD card slot not working - Satellite 2410-601

1. SD card slot not working - Satellite 2410-601
    Beginner
    Hi,
    I've had my TOSHIBA Satellite 2410-601 laptop for nearly 3 years and have never needed to use the SD slot. Now however, I would like to use it, since I've got it.
    When I insert an SD card, the "flashy light" works, but I don't see the drive in My Computer.
    I've tried downloading the drivers off this website and following the instructions - but to no avail.
    It has to be a driver or programme problem I think.
    (help!)
    Thanks

[Edited by: admin on 11-Feb-06 20:29]

2. Re: SD card slot not working - Satellite 2410-601
    Hi

First of all you should check the device manager if the SD slot in installed properly.
    If the yellow exclamation mark occurs in the device manger in the SD area so there is something wrong. Usually the driver is missing. In this case you have to install the SD host controller driver and SD memory card driver. These drivers you will find on the Toshiba website.

If the device was installed properly and the device manager doesnít show any exclamation marks so you have to use a supported and compatible SD card.
    Please check you userís manual for supported SD cards.

3. Re: SD card slot not working - Satellite 2410-601
    Beginner
    hi, i have the same problem. i have reinstalled drivers from disc and website but still the sd slot does not work. i thought it was my laptop playing up but maybe not??!!

4. Re: SD card slot not working - Satellite 2410-601
    Hi deborah

Follow the Eldorados description. You have to install also the SD controller and driver.
    The compatible SD card must be in the slot.
    Check the user manual for compatible SD cards. Itís very important that you use supported cards because the OS can not recognises not compatible SD cards.

5. Re: SD card slot not working - Satellite 2410-601
    Beginner
    i have reinstalled host controller and sd driver from toshiba disc, i have no exlamation marks and device working properly. i have tried various sd cards but with no joy. i presumed my hardware was not working.
    I will try to ask the ASP for the help. thanks anyway