Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Recovery for Satellite A30

1. Recovery for Satellite A30
    Beginner
    Okay, trying recovery disk again (for nth time...) has not crashed yet but the progress indicator has not moved for ages either...

Any ideas?

2. Re: Recovery for Satellite A30
    Hi

It is not easy to say why this happen. For recovery procedure it is important the functionality of HDD and DVD drive. I presume that both devices work well.

Can you please write again if the preinstallation is finished or if the notebook crashes? If the notebook crashes please explain exactly what happen.

3. Re: Recovery for Satellite A30
    Beginner
    crashes.

I hold down 'c' and press the on button
    lots of words scroll up the screen

a box appears asking if I want to recover full hard disk - press one

or expert (for it people only) - press 2

I press one.

box appears 'are you sure?' - press one.

next the progres indicator appears and begins to move as it says loading NTFS log file

when the bar gets to about 10% complete the laptop shuts down / crashes.

4. Re: Recovery for Satellite A30
    Hi again

I am not 100% sure but I believe that your unit overheats very fast. Please check cooling vents at the bottom side. I believe that your unit should be cleaned properly.
    I believe that temperature goes up very fast and before the hardware is damaged the unit switches off suddenly.

Please try also to put the unit on four books to make it higher and that enough air can circulate under the unit.

5. Re: Recovery for Satellite A30
    Beginner
    I have it balanced already so is almost 2 inches off desk as thought might be that but does bo good - should I try higher or could it be something else?

6. Re: Recovery for Satellite A30
    Beginner
    I have a similar problem but mine is caused by a faulty CD, can anyone tell me, where I can get a replacement? It's got a number t202120-en on it and the problem is on cd1 of 2, can anyone help me?

7. Re: Recovery for Satellite A30
    Master
    Hello Jeffrey

All necessary CDs you can purchase from the Toshiba service partner. Please visit this site:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/generic_content.jsp?service=EU&ID=ASP_SUPPORT

There you can find a ASP who’s responsible for you country.

Regards