Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cant power on from standby using soundbox with Toshiba 55T6863DB

1. Cant power on from standby using soundbox with Toshiba 55T6863DB
    Beginner
    Hi
    I setup using SkyQ-(hdmi)>Soundbox-(hdmi)->(Toshiba 55T6863DB) TV
    This worked but I have to switch the whole system on & off again at power socket to switch on or come out of standby (I cant just switch on using remote)
    Spoke to Toshiba and they made out I was crazy connecting from Soundbox to TV using HDMI and should only use optical. So have done this and now I can turn on TV with remote but I prefer the sound via HDMI and messing around with the optical delays is a pain.
    Is there no way to have the initial setup SkyQ-(hdmi)>Soundbox-(hdmi)->TV to work properly?

2. Re: Cant power on from standby using soundbox with Toshiba 55T6863DB
    Hi Zeb66, this should work aslong as you were connect to the ARC HDMI port and have CEC enabled on the TV and the soundbar supports this.

3. Re: Cant power on from standby using soundbox with Toshiba 55T6863DB
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi Zeb66, this should work aslong as you were connect to the ARC HDMI port and have CEC enabled on the TV and the soundbar supports this.
    Thanks Jacob, all working . the usb stick failed to update firmware but since the OTA update it works well.

4. Re: Cant power on from standby using soundbox with Toshiba 55T6863DB
    Thats great to hear