Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: 4K TV issue with Xbox Dolby Vision and 4K signal

1. 4K TV issue with Xbox Dolby Vision and 4K signal
    Hi, I have just purchased a Tosh 4K TV model no:55T6863DB. I purchased it to compliment my son's Christmas present which is a Microsoft Xbox which has a 4K Blu-ray player built in. However I am having big issues with the 4K picture and also the Xbox reports the Dolby Vision version that's built in this TV as 'older version' and not compatible with the Xbox.
    The first issue I'm having is that if I set the TV HDMI port the Xbox is connected to "enhanced" the screen either flicks off and on or sometimes goes off altogether to a snowy display. I also get issues like strange colours on the displayed image or ghosting etc. Now if I set the port back to "regular" all the issues go away but obviously I'm not getting a 4k image! So basically one of the main reasons I bought this TV is not working properly.
    Also can someone explain why a "new TV" should be reported as an older version of Dolby Vision?
    I've tried online firmware upgrade but nothing is available.
    I've purchased brand new high quality 4k HDMI cables but nothing has changed. Can anyone help with this because as they it's stand I've bought a 4K TV which I can only use in 1080p.

2. Re: 4K TV issue with Xbox Dolby Vision and 4K signal
    Hi, in this case the Xbox uses a low latency interface of Dolby Vision and the Xbox uses a standard latency interface of Dolby Vision so is not compatible. It has however been noted and is being looked into for any future updates.

3. Re: 4K TV issue with Xbox Dolby Vision and 4K signal
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi, in this case the Xbox uses a low latency interface of Dolby Vision and the Xbox uses a standard latency interface of Dolby Vision so is not compatible. It has however been noted and is being looked into for any future updates.
    Ok that's not great! What about the other bigger issue with the flickering image and completely going off or to a snowy image? This issue is not Dolby Vision related, is it?

4. Re: 4K TV issue with Xbox Dolby Vision and 4K signal
    I would suggest in regards to the issue you are having to send some images into the Toshiba team who may be ale to further advise with the flickering and snowy picture you are having.

You can email these images in via - support.uk@toshiba-tv.com