Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: New Battery

1. New Battery
    Beginner
    Hi. I need a new battery for my laptop - last time I bought one, it wasn't new, as it didn't last long.
    How do I find out the model of battery I need to buy, and where is the best place in the UK to get one that isn't actually 2nd hand?

Model is SP C50-A-1E2

Thanks

2. Re: New Battery
    Enthusiast
    Hi, Phil.

If your current battery is genuine Toshiba, the model number is printed on the battery.

Here is a photo of my battery which is model number PA3534U-1BRS.

If you tell me the serial number of the laptop I will try to find more info' for you.

3. Re: New Battery
    Beginner
    thanks - original battery long gone - cheap replacement in place. serial is ZD267578S - thanks

4. Re: New Battery
    Enthusiast
    I tried my best, but couldn't find any official Toshiba reference information.

Sometimes this page Unit Details can reveal information not available anywhere else, but it only gives the model number of the battery charger supplied and not the battery itself - "Packing List".

You might find something suitable here Laptop Batteries using the info' on your current battery, volts, amps, number of cells etc.