Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Doby Vision black screen with sound

1. Doby Vision black screen with sound
    Beginner
    I bought the 65" Toshiba TV (model number 65U5863DB) nothing but problems with black screen with sound all the time. Dolby Vision I hate you.

I go on games on the PS4 or go on Netflix and it keeps saying Dolby Vision (bottom right screen) and setting my HDMI to enhanced I get a black screen with sound and I can't do anything about it. If I watch the screen the picture comes back on for a few seconds then again Dolby Vision and then black screen.

I have tried setting the input back to regular but it goes right back to enhanced on it's own. I have tried a first time installation and with in 2 minutes of this I got right back in the above situation.

All I want to do is game on my PS4 and watch Netflix without this issue.

I have already rang customer support who told me and helped me through first time installation which I did. so please don't suggest this. I'm on the phone on hold again to get more help.

2. Re: Doby Vision black screen with sound
    Hello thank you for contacting us. Sorry to hear you are having these issues with your TV. This is something that we are working on and have software for this particular issue. I would advise to contact the technical support team as they can send this to you on a USB. You can either send them an email on support.uk@toshiba-tv.com if you are struggling to get hold of them on 0333 733 4422.

Hope this helps clear things up.

3. Re: Doby Vision black screen with sound
    Beginner
    Hello,

I have rung the number already and they are sending me a USB stick out with an update on it. Hoping it fixes my problem I'm having when I receive the stick.

Thanks

4. Re: Doby Vision black screen with sound
    That's good to hear

5. Re: Doby Vision black screen with sound
    Beginner
    I get the USB stick. I get the message " there is no content "

I would never say to anyone to buy a Toshiba TV in my life ever again.

I'm having to ring up cs again to find out how to sort this absolute nightmare of a TV out.

I honestly feel like just returning the TV and going with a different maker TBH.

6. Re: Doby Vision black screen with sound
    Beginner
    Wow!
    After managing to get the TV to do the update from the USB stick it didn't do a damn thing to fix the black screen with sound problem I'm having. Straight away the TV set it's self back to enhanced.Disgusting TV. Worst TV I have ever owned in my life.
    I couldn't even get through on the number to complain to Toshiba support after being in the q for 15 minutes to get a message telling me we're closed now.

I have decided to send the TV back as I can't be sold a faulty TV. I would say about 2 weeks now I haven't been able to watch or game on the PS4. No thank you.

7. Re: Doby Vision black screen with sound
    Hi there, I would suggest to contact the team who may have a alternative method to run through the software process.