Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C55-A-1N9 doesnt turn on

1. Satellite C55-A-1N9 doesnt turn on
    Beginner
    Hello Everyone,

My laptop Satellite C55-A-1N9 has 6 Gb (4 + 2) RAM. I have tried to upgrade (4 + 4) 8 Gb RAM and it was successful. I turned on the computer and 8 GB RAM worked very well.

After 15 minutes, Suddenly I see my computer is not charging. AC cable was plugged in but not charging and there was a red X sign on the battery sign at the taskbar. And then the battery was empty and laptop turned of. I couldn't turn on my computer anymore. I have tried that battery and AC take out and 30 seconds turn on button press but it didn't worked.

1- I cant open my laptop anymore, what can I do?

2- Is there problem with motherboard? What do you think? What is your suggestions for solution?

I have exams next week, ı must find a quick solution.

2. Re: Satellite C55-A-1N9 doesnt turn on
    Enthusiast
    Remove your new RAM and replace with original parts - 6GB (4+2) - and see if this fixes your problem.

Maybe your motherboard does not like the new RAM that you fitted

3. Re: Satellite C55-A-1N9 doesnt turn on
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexei_Sayle View Post
    Remove your new RAM and replace with original parts - 6GB (4+2) - and see if this fixes your problem.

Maybe your motherboard does not like the new RAM that you fitted
    First i have tried that but it didn't work.
    And i have controlled the electric 19V electric coming at beginning of the motherboard. Maybe problem is with bad condansators on the motherboard. How can i find bad condansators? Or there is another problem i dont have any idea

4. Re: Satellite C55-A-1N9 doesnt turn on
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Smart View Post
    ...How can i find bad condansators?...
    I think you mean capacitors.

Checking for bad capacitors means you will have to disassemble the laptop and that could be difficult.

You can find out more about capacitors here: -https://www.badcaps.net/forum/index.php