Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: netflix freezing on new Toshiba 43U5863DB

1. netflix freezing on new Toshiba 43U5863DB
    Beginner
    when i try use netflix it just loads to 20% and freezes. then proceeds to freeze the tv. it worked fine for a week after i got it but hasnt worked in about two now. Ive tried first time installation a few times and tv software says its up to date....

2. Re: netflix freezing on new Toshiba 43U5863DB
    Hi, if you contact the support team on 0333 733 4422 they should be able to get a update sent out to resolve this.

3. Re: netflix freezing on new Toshiba 43U5863DB
    Beginner
    i plugged out the tv for about an hour and its back working normal

4. Re: netflix freezing on new Toshiba 43U5863DB
    Thats great to hear

5. Re: netflix freezing on new Toshiba 43U5863DB
    Having the same issue here, only got the TV yesterday and it's already annoying me. Running the initial installation again got Netflix to run a single episode of Planet Earth 2 in 4K and trying to load the next episode brought the 20% freezing issue back and crashed the TV when I tried to exit the app. I don't plan to fully reset my TV between every episode. That's just ludicrous.

I know it's not an issue with my WiFi or the Netflix servers as my PS4 plays it flawlessly.

The ring light flashes red a few times when I switch the TV on but it claims I'm on the latest firmware so if it's updating I have no idea what to or why.

I also have an issue with the backlight occasionally switching off. Creating custom settings with the backlight set to 50% seems to have resolved the issue thus far but it remains a concern.

Suggestions welcomed because right now this thing is at serious risk of being returned in disgust.

6. Re: netflix freezing on new Toshiba 43U5863DB
    I'd advise speaking to the team on 0333 733 4422 and they can look into resolving it for you