Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Numerous problems (epg, free view play, no response from remote) 49V5863DBT

1. Numerous problems (epg, free view play, no response from remote) 49V5863DBT
    I have recently got a new TV, 49V5863DBT, and have experienced a few little problems that I'm hoping someone can help with. The first problem was that the TV would turn on with the remote but nothing else would work, this happened on the second day of having the TV, and turning off and on at the plug cured this. The second was that the TV lost all off the free view play options, so none of the on demand programs would show, which I cured by carrying out an initial setup again. Now 2 days on I'm having problems with the epg not showing any details at all.

I'm really hoping someone can help with these issues as right at this moment I'm losing faith in this TV.

2. Re: Numerous problems (epg, free view play, no response from remote) 49V5863DBT
    Hi, Are you using a aerial connection or a satellite connection? I'd also check in the menu settings under system and more the software version and if there is a update available.

3. Re: Numerous problems (epg, free view play, no response from remote) 49V5863DBT
    I am using an aerial connection, which I never encountered any problems with whilst using my previous TV. I have checked for any software updates also but it is all up to date at present.

4. Re: Numerous problems (epg, free view play, no response from remote) 49V5863DBT
    Ok, in this case i would advise contacting the support team on 0333 733 4422

5. Re: Numerous problems (epg, free view play, no response from remote) 49V5863DBT
    Update:
    I returned the TV this weekend believing it to be a faulty and exchanged it for another model only to have the same issue with the epg and losing the sound on HD channels. It seems very odd as I have to unplug it to get everything to work again, and it will be OK for a day and then play up again.

6. Re: Numerous problems (epg, free view play, no response from remote) 49V5863DBT
    It could be a issue with the aerial then, do you have a alternative aerial connection at all?

7. Re: Numerous problems (epg, free view play, no response from remote) 49V5863DBT
    Unfortunately not, but I never encountered this problem with my last TV which seems strange. Especially as I am still getting all of the channels in sd working OK. I am assuming this isn't a problem anyone else has encountered? I was hoping that it's possibly a glitch in the software and that an update is in the pipeline.

8. Re: Numerous problems (epg, free view play, no response from remote) 49V5863DBT
    It's hard to say woithout cross testing. Have a chat with the team on 0333 733 4422 and they can look into this for you.