Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.

1. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    I've seen posts about this but none of the solutions seem to work I have a 50U6863DB TV and whilst using my PlayStation on YouTube more than a few times a day the Dolby vision logo pops up then the screen goes black sound comes through but no picture I have tried changing hdmi's I have tried the first time installation trick that did nothing I have also tried source settings to turn off the enhanced graphics but it keeps turning itself back on please can someone give me an idea if it's me being ignorant unlucky or if there is a trick to fix this

2. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    Hi, It sounds like it could be software so I'd advise having a chat with the team on 0333 733 4422

3. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    If you will be know what we must do with this issue please write here, because Support doesnt reply to me from few weeks. They only sended firmware (old one) and doesnt help.

4. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    Hi, I would suggest going back to the support team and raising this with them and letting them know it hasn't helped and they can look further into it.

5. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    Ok. Im write another message, but they doesnt reply for last two.

6. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    If you get no reply let me know and i'll see what I can do

7. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    Nothing changed. They still no reply.

8. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    Hi kamildrom1910, send me a private message with your email address and TV details ie model, serial number and I will look into it

9. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    I have the same model and exactly the same thing has happened to Dolby Vision episodes/movies via the Netflix app. Worked last week, now then lines across the top of the screen and only sound. Any solutions yet?

10. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    Hi Scothchris79, there should be a update available, if you call the team on 0333 733 4422 or email support.uk@toshiba-tv.com and they canlook into this.

11. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Murphy View Post
    Hi Scothchris79, there should be a update available, if you call the team on 0333 733 4422 or email support.uk@toshiba-tv.com and they canlook into this.
    To get a USB stick sent out with a message saying " There is no content "

If your listening to this guy make sure they sent you a USB that works. Me and other can't even get the USB stick to work.

12. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    It just started working by itself layer in the day 🤔

13. Re: 50U6863DB Dolby Vision Issues.
    The USB will say no content due to the fact that the TV is not looking for the file type that we send the software on. The TV looks for MP3/4 files not .bin files which we send the software on. This is why it will say no content. We send instructions out which gets the TV into a mode where it recognises the update file. Hope this helps clears things up.