PDA

View Full Version : Can't turn on new replaced WiFi Card on Satellite P850

JMZ10
13.03.2014, 14:23
I have a Toshiba P850 Notebook, one of the sub-models with the TV tuner.
I have just replaced the WiFi/Bluetooth card in my laptop as the original one that came with the laptop died.

Windows can see the new WiFi card, drivers all working fine but I can't actually turn on WiFi,
My toshiba has a function key for WiFi, and I have tried that with and without the FN key but does nothing.
Also as far as I can tell this Toshiba has no physical switch for WiFi.

Driver wise, I have tried ones from toshiba and ones directly from Intel.
I have also looked carefully through the BIOS for anything, but didn't find anything.

The new WiFi card is a Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit installed.

So I guess all I can ask is what can I do to turn WiFi on?, *having tried what I have mentioned above*

Tonny
13.03.2014, 14:40
Hi

Did you try to reinstall the Toshiba Value Added Package and Flash Cards Support Utility for Win 7 64bit?

The installed tools (Toshiba Value Added Package and Flash Cards Support Utility) should be unintsalled firstly and after new restart and downloading from Toshiba EU driver page, both tools should be installed

JMZ10
14.03.2014, 17:01
Still not working tho good to have flash cards back.

Message was edited by: JMZ10

PauPau
14.03.2014, 17:11
Could you take a look into this thread?
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=75843

The user Flint managed to enable the WLan after WiFi card replacement.
He added the new hardware ID of the Intel card into the registry

JMZ10
15.03.2014, 01:32
I've looked into that thread, I gave the registry editing a try, after googling the hardware ID my WiFi card, cause obviously that guys one isn't going to work with mine, being different chips.

Supposedly the Intel Centrino Wireless N1030's hardware ID is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008A&SUBSYS_53258086

I don't know where on intel's site I can find the correct ID, or confirm this one is correct, but it still not working with that ID anyway.

TomDexter
17.03.2014, 15:27
Hi

The hardware device ID can be found in device manager.
Device manager -> Wlan card -> Properties -> Details tab -> Hardware Ids

JMZ10
19.03.2014, 10:17
I'm afraid, even tho having found the correct hardware IDs its still not working. Even tho the old card is dead, I put it back in the laptop and was able to get its hardware ID. I searched the registry for any ID matching it, and changed it to the one for my new intel card. I'm having no luck :(

I'm beginning to think that I'm not going to be able to trigger that radio. Therefor not be able to use it :(