PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Satellite P50-A-144: Intel WLAN driver update solves unstable WiFI

j_luciano_c
04.03.2014, 00:20
The notebook Toshiba Satellite P50-A-144:

The current Toshiba Download Driver version is the 16.5.1 (OEM Version) and is already installed on the notebook, and the current Intel Download Driver version is the 16.10.0 (generic Version).

*This new version solves the problem of unstable WiFi/WLAN Internet connection.*

Will Toshiba have available soon the OEM version updated to the 16.10.0?

Thank you.

Macius
04.03.2014, 10:28
I think nobody here can give you proper answer. If Toshiba will detect serious WLAN issue I can imagine they will offer driver update.
Let’s see what will happen next days or weeks.

By the way: have you installed current Intel version and tested WLAN connectivity?

JoeLouis
04.03.2014, 12:41
I guess the new drivers would be uploaded to Toshiba driver server after they have been tested properly.
But thanks for the great news that new Intel WLan driver works properly!
This could be useful for others here in the community searching for solutions regarding unstable Wi-Fi connection issues.

j_luciano_c
05.03.2014, 18:55
I didn't test the new generic Intel Drivers yet, because Intel suggest to get the corresponding OEM Version from the notebook's constructor/seller, this means, from Toshiba.

TomDexter
11.03.2014, 16:06
> I didn't test the new generic Intel Drivers yet, because Intel suggest to get the corresponding OEM Version from the notebook's constructor/seller, this means, from Toshiba.

Even if other Intel driver is available on the Toshiba EU driver page, the device manufacturers (in this case Intel) provides always newest driver version for own products and in my opinion it’s definitely worth to check such driver.

j_luciano_c
12.03.2014, 23:53
Toshiba Mobile Support answered today by E-mail and they said: "Sorry, but we do not have the information when the Driver Version 16.10.0.5 will be available to download".

j_luciano_c
12.07.2014, 19:08
Intel has released as of 06/26/2014 a new Driver Version 17.0.5.8 and
Toshiba up to 07/12/2014 still has not updated the corresponding Toshiba´s OEM Version,
either the previous Intel´s older Version 16.10.0.5 has not been updated by Toshiba.

It seems the Driver´s update by Toshiba takes very very long time until they are ready to download on the Toshiba Support web page.

Unfortunatly, Intel does not recommend to install the generic Driver on Toshiba-OEM Systems, because they do not provide support in case of issues after installation, and suggest to get the Update directly from Toshiba, so there is no other chance, just to wait for the Update until Toshiba released the OEM-Version.
Are there other alternatives?

j_luciano_c
04.07.2015, 13:43
Hello,

up to today 04.07.2015 (more than a year!) Toshiba still has not updated the corresponding Toshiba´s OEM Version of this Driver yet.

Please, do you know, if Toshiba will update the Driver at some time?
Intel does regurlaly according to reported problems or because of improvements.

Thank you.

j_luciano_c
21.07.2015, 22:54
Hello,

up to now 21.07.2015 Toshiba has updated on 07.07.2015 the corresponding Toshiba´s OEM Version of this Driver
to the Version 17.16.0.4, and it seems, that it is also the current version of Intel.

Could somebody please tell me, if you already installed this update and if the problem with WLAN estabilty is really solved?

Thank you.

j_luciano_c
31.07.2015, 20:13
I have dowloaded and installed the Version 17.16.0.4 a week ago and it is working ok, i would say that the problem with WLAN estabilty is finally solved, after more than a year since the Problem was reported.