PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1 upgrade not possible because Win 8 isn't activated

mbarten
23.11.2013, 15:29
A few months ago I bought a new Toshiba Satallite laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed
Now I want to upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. But I don't see the Windows 8.1 upgrade in de Windows store. I think this is because my current installed windows doesn't seems te be activated..

When I try to activate it, I get error: 0xC004F074.
I found a solution by using command: SLUI 3 and then enter the product key to activate it, but I don't have a product key!! There is no sticker with a product key on the laptop.

Could anyone help me with this issue, so I can activate my current Windows 8 install and upgrade to Windows 8.1?

Message was edited by: mbarten

Liam
25.11.2013, 11:46
Preinstalled OS is already activated. If Win8.1 upgrade is missing in the store please install all Windows updates at first. After doing this Win8.1 update will be shown in the store.

I had the same problem on my Satellite U940.

Francesco
26.11.2013, 09:58
Hi

I had some problems with an upgrade to Win 8.1 in the past...
Finally I managed to install the Windows 8.1 update after the notebook has been set back to factory settings.

Iím not quite sure if this needs to be done in your case, but in case the Win 8.1 update would not be possible after installation of all windows updates, you should reset the PC back to factory settings. After that the upgrade should works.