PDA

View Full Version : Satellite L675D: Blue Screen error after upgrading to Windows 8

Gnottino90
21.11.2013, 16:30
Hello,

I've recently upgraded my Toshiba laptop to Windows 8 and every time I use it, after 5-10 minutes, I get a blue screen page of error and the laptop restarts.

The problem is really annoying.

I've discovered that if I don't plug in the battery charger, the laptop works normally, but I'd like to solve the problem properly.

What should I do?

MasterG
22.11.2013, 15:21
Iím wondering about your notebook model. What notebook do you have exactly?

About your issue:
Let me get this straight, with battery it runs ok but when the AC adapter is plugged in, it crashes?

What happens when you connect the AC adaptor before the notebook would be powered ON?

How did you install the Windows 8? Did upgrade the notebook from Win 7 to Win 8 or did you install clean Windows 8 system?
Are all the Toshiba Windows 8 drivers installed?

Another idea:
Go to the Windows 8 device manager and uninstall the device called ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
Reboot the unit and check how it works.

Gnottino90
23.11.2013, 20:31
Oh I forgot to write the model, sorry! It's a Toshiba Satellite L675D.

With battery it works normally, without any problem.. when the AC is plugged in, it always crashes after 5-15 minutes..!

I've tried to plug the AC in all the way (before starting, after, ect.) but it freezes in all the cases..

I've installed Windows 8 Pro with a regular activation key: I had Windows 7 before and I simply updated it to Windows 8.
I don't know about the drivers.. I think that may be the problem, but I also reckon the drivers are ok! Do you know a good way to check it out? Or where I can find the proper drivers?

Anyway I tried to uninstall the ACPI now and I'm checking what happens :)
Edit: Ok I tried to do that, but nothing changed :/

Thanks!!

Message was edited by: Gnottino90

Francesco
26.11.2013, 11:38
> I've installed Windows 8 Pro with a regular activation key: I had Windows 7 before and I simply updated it to Windows 8. >I don't know about the drivers.. I think that may be the problem, but I also reckon the drivers are ok! Do you know a good way to check it out? Or where I can find the proper drivers?

Windows 8 drivers for Satellite L675D donít exist on Toshiba EU driver page. The L675D series does not support Windows 8.

However, even if the drivers are not available and Windows 8 is not supported, it should not be a big problem to run this system on the Satellite L675D.

You said that you simply updated the Win 7 to Win 8.
Maybe you should try a clean installation of Windows 8?
I think itís worth a try in case itís an software problem.

By the way: I assume this kind of problem did not appear using Windows 7. Right?