PDA

View Full Version : Satellite C660-22V keeps disconnecting from internet

maymaymo
28.09.2013, 22:36
Hi,

I've had my toshiba c660-22v laptop for about a year and I just moved into a new house recently with a new internet provider.

I'm having trouble maintaining an internet connection.
Every so often, my laptop will disconnect from the wifi.
My housemates have no issues with the internet whatsoever.

The only way I can get internet back on my laptop is by disconnect the router from the socket and plugging it back in.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

MisterX
30.09.2013, 14:34
>The only way I can get internet back on my laptop is by disconnect the router from the socket and plugging it back in.

In my opinion this issue has nothing to do with your notebook.
It looks like the issue is related to the new router.

By the way: I assume you had no problems with your notebook before moving to new house. Right?

maymaymo
30.09.2013, 18:00
You're right, I didn't have any problems with internet before I moved house.

If it's a problem with the router, then why do housemates' laptops connect fine?

MisterX
01.10.2013, 11:45
> If it's a problem with the router, then why do housemates' laptops connect fine?
Saying: its router problem, I mean the compatibility between the router and Wlan card.
I guess the housemates’ notebook use different Wlan card.

Fact is that there are different Wifi standards like: 802.11 A, B, G or N
Ensure that your Wlan card is set to the same Wlan standard as it is set in router settings.
You can check this in Device Manager -> Wlan card Properties -> Advanced tab

You should also check the different channels. In router settings you can choose between 1-13 channels (most of the routers supports such option)

Also be sure that Wlan signal is strong enough. The signal recieving can be affected due to wide walls, etc..

Last but not least you should test the connection with different encryption settings (WPA, WPA2, AES, TKIP)