PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro L300 upgraded to Win8 but would like to update drivers

88Rich
29.04.2013, 04:08
I have upgraded to Windows 8 but I have found that the Wifi adapter needs to be reset frequently (there seems to be no cause) - the Windows 8 trouble shooter resolves it by resetting the adapter but I thought that there would be fix for this?

When I looked to update the drivers I have found that the L300 is not listed (in either the un-upgradeable or the upgradable lists) - is the L300 compatible in this regard with another model? Or can you suggest how to update all the Toshiba drivers for this model.

Thanks

Macius
29.04.2013, 09:16
Your Satellite Pro is pretty old notebook model and not supported for Win8.
It is problematic to find drivers for non supported and old notebook models.

Problem is that if you make decision to do this anyway you are on your own and can be just lucky if everything works properly.
> is the L300 compatible in this regard with another model?
It is not easy to give you proper answer. What must be done is to compare every important hardware component like chipset, GPU, sound chip, LAN/WLAN with other models and see if some Win8 drivers are available. It is not so easy.

For instance: Toshiba offers 4 different hardware platforms for Satellite pro L300. Which one do you have? What is the model number of your machine?

88Rich
08.05.2013, 15:24
Thanks - I agree with it being an old computer but it is a good one.

The model number PSLB9A - 02L001.

I must be very lucky - Windows 8 was an excellent upgrade for my computer - it is quicker, robust and very secure. The Wifi adapter reset is a relatively minor nuisance, it still works, and I can run a network cable if need be.

JackyStewart
08.05.2013, 15:38
> When I looked to update the drivers I have found that the L300 is not listed (in either the un-upgradeable or the upgradable lists) - is the L300 compatible in this regard with another model? Or can you suggest how to update all the Toshiba drivers for this model.

You will need to search for such drivers at your own hand… I found the info on Toshiba EU page that Satellite Pro L300 isn’t Win 8 supported… and this means that Win 8 drivers will not be released for this series.

88Rich
09.05.2013, 15:32
Thanks

JackyStewart
16.05.2013, 11:44
u are welcome!