PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Function key questions on Satellite L750

walidali
07.12.2012, 11:02
i have with the function keys is

1. when i install the function key driver the airplane mode on/off works ok but the red indicator led light doesn't turn on/off.

2. if i remove the function key driver the red indicator led light works but fn+f8 doesn't turn although the wifi turns on/off windows doesn't recognize off as airplane mode. but the WiFi is always on after restart, wake from sleep or booting regardless of the status before shutdown or sleep so if it was shut down when wifi was off on starting next time the wifi will be on with indicator led off and sometimes it turn WiFi on automatically after few minutes even if turn it off

i have a dual boot windows 7 so in case of the first the indicator doesn't work in windows 7 as well and in case of the second it works fine. so is there a way to fix this?

JoeLouis
07.12.2012, 13:17
Hi

So simply said: the Win 7 is OK but the LED does not go OFF using Win 8.
Right?

Did you install the drivers using the Toshiba Win 8 upgrade Assistant or did you install all these drivers manually?

walidali
07.12.2012, 14:22
yes i used the upgrade assistant. In both the windows 7 and 8 turning wifi on and off works well but the red indicator led light is always off.

JoeLouis
07.12.2012, 14:29
> In both the windows 7 and 8 turning wifi on and off works well but the red indicator led light is always off.

Ok, in my opinion its annoying issue but don’t think it’s really serious… it does not affect the WLan nor BT functionality so in my personal opinion you should not be worried about that…

walidali
07.12.2012, 16:24
thanks, i was not worried, just curious.