PDA

View Full Version : Satellite C660 - Re-installed WLAN driver not working

jamesp92
27.11.2012, 11:10
Hi

I cleared a lot of unused programs from a Toshiba Satellite C660-1JH, and accidently removed the Realtek WLAN Driver.

The laptop obviously now has no internal wireless connection. When I realised I managed to find the driver online, successfully downloaded and installed it. I restarted the computer in order for the changes to take affect but nothing happened.

I removed the driver and all associated files and then took it from another site to check that there wasn't anything wrong with the contents of the file. I got exactly the same result twice more. I've been checking the uninstall program list each time to make sure the driver does exist.

My question is does anyone know if there's something else I need to do after installing the WLAN driver to enable it to operate, or if there's another decent internal wireless adaptor I can download from the web that works with this model.

Apologies for my vague I.T knowledge, hope somebody can help!

Thanks

Horwath
27.11.2012, 11:46
On this virtual way it is not easy to say what is wrong there.
Fact is that your notebook has Realtek RTL8188CE WLAN card inside.
Donít search the driver Googling around. Right driver you can download from Toshiba WLAN portal http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/
Install it, check status in device manager, try to enable WLAN card using FN key combination and send some feedback.

Driver offered on WLAN portal is the same that you got with original preinstalled recovery image (WIN7 64BIT HOME PREMIUM).