PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade WIN8 on Satellite L870 - Toshiba recovery media creator reinstall

cc17000
15.11.2012, 19:31
Hello,

I have done the WIN 8 upgrade on a Toshiba L870-156 laptop. The upgrade is OK, but I have no more Toshiba recovery media creator, as the upgrade procedure said that it had to be desinstalled before the upgrade and reinstalled after the upgrade.

I have one big issue : where can I find Toshiba recovery media creator to reinstall it ?

By advance thank you.

Akuma
16.11.2012, 01:18
You need to install the Windows 8 version of the Recovery Disc creator. I think it's generic so grab it from the drivers page of one of the new Win8 model notebooks.

MisterX
16.11.2012, 09:56
Hi

The Toshiba Recovery Media Creator can be used only with preinstalled system (in your case Win 7).
The Recovery media Creator allows you to create the recovery disk of the preinstalled image.

cc17000
17.11.2012, 23:34
Hello,

In fact I need to have Toshiba recovery media creator (or an equivalent) to make a restoration disk of my WIN8 upgrade, and I don't find it in the list of drivers for WIN 8.

JoeLouis
13.08.2013, 16:30
After you upgraded the system to Win 8 you could need to use another software to create an image: for example Windows 8 own tool.

_Procedure for Windows 8:_
Go to the Control Panel.
Then Windows File Recovery.
Then select the option to the left called: Create a system image.
Choose the drive to perform your backup and click Next.
The procedure takes few minutes.
Once the image is created, the utility allows you to create a system recovery disc.
If you have not yet created it, click Yes.
The system recovery disk is necessary load the image to your disk.
This step can be performed at any moment via the Control Panel.
The image file will be stored in a folder named WindowsImageBackup.