PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find WLAN driver for my Satellite M40X-161

pejti
23.04.2012, 19:08
Hello,

Iíve got a problem, I have new system installed on my laptop - windows xp and I cannot find CD with drivers. I tried to download drivers from internet but cannot find drivers for my laptop. I am looking for wireless card drivers and it isn't on Toshibaís page.

There are only drivers for windows vista - I tried them but it didn't work. The other problem is that I donít know with is my wireless card. At the back of my laptop there is info that I have radio device ar5bmb-43 but I still cannot find drivers for this device.

Can anyone help me with finding drivers?
Thanks in advance

Pedro
23.04.2012, 22:17
Unfortunately I was not able to find out which WLAN card is inside but it must be either Atheros or Intel so I recommend you to try to install both drivers for WXP.

Both of them you can find on Toshiba WLAN portal http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads
Try to install WXP version 9.2.0.419.0 for Atheros or WXP version 9.0.4.39 for Intel.

Please post some feedback.

pejti
23.04.2012, 23:02
thank you for your reply
i installed both drivers you recomended
after installing intel drivers i didnt noticed any changesm ang i get this message
http://jpghost.pl/Inne-5_1335207058/
i guess it is not my wlan card?

after installing atheros wlan card appeard on my computer but it didnt find any wireless network although my other computer see few networks including mine at home, i tried push wireless button on keyboard with no results
this is how it looks
http://jpghost.pl/Inne-3_1334828604/

is there any help for me ? ;)

Dr.Lamp
24.04.2012, 08:50
Hej pejti you are missing so many drivers.
What are you doing man?

All drivers, tools and utilities should be installed in specific install order. It is more important to install other components than WLAN driver. You are missing display driver, sound driver and so on.

Please download installation instructions (http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_driver_details.jsp?service=EU&selCategory=8&selFamily=192&selSeries=237&selProduct=583&selShortMod=406&language=13&selOS=10&selType=all&yearupload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=allMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=all&selectedLanguage=13&type=all&page=1&ID=40672&OSID=10&driverLanguage=42) document and install all listed stuff following this installation order.

Back to WLAN issue: are you sure your WLAN card is enabled properly? I think Atheros driver was the right one. Card is installed and listed properly.

pejti
24.04.2012, 14:05
Hello Dr.Lamp

I know that i am missing many drivers but i don't need it unless i can connect to internet on my laptop.

Without internet it is useless for me that is why i didn't installed them first.
Is there any chance (i will install them later because i have laptop at home) that after installing other drivers WLAN will work ?

About your second question how can i check if it is enabled properly?
I clicked on keyboard button with WLAN logo on it and checked if it's working, i clicked again and also checked and again...

Message was edited by: pejti

Paolo30
24.04.2012, 14:56
>Is there any chance (i will install them later because i have laptop at home) that after installing other drivers WLAN will work ?

Of course. I think this will work

As you reported in the thread and on the screenshots, the Wlan card has been installed properly.
So no I would recommend installing the Atheros 3.2.19.I123 Wireless Lan Client Manager,
This helps you to configure the Wlan.

> About your second question how can i check if it is enabled properly?
At the right notebook side you will find an Wlan switch. Near this switch you can find the WLan indicator.
So if the Wlan is enabled (move the switch to ON) the Wlan indicator should be ON too.
Check this!

pejti
25.04.2012, 19:45
It is working :) there was a switch i didn't know about. everything is fine now, thank you

assex
25.04.2012, 21:43
Cool!

Happy to hear it works properly. If you need help with other drivers installation let us know.