PDA

View Full Version : Satellite L750 - WLAN Driver Seems Installed BUT Not Working In Reality

damlays
21.04.2012, 09:31
I've formated my "Satellite L750 Laptop" which as "Realtek RTL8188CE" wireless adapter. After downloading and installing the wireless adapter driver from Toshiba site for Windows 7 x64 everything seems perfect in screen in the installation and after installation. Driver status says that "This device is working properly" and wireless icon appers in the tray as expected.

BUT, wireless serach cannot find any access points. When I look "ipconfig /all" in command screen this adapter doesn't seen in the list?

I've turned on and off the adapter from software many times. I disabled and enabled driver many times. I've tried to download the driver of this same adapter from "Realtek"'s website but nothing changed?

What is the problem I cannot understand. Before format it was working well in the same OS, windows7 ??

Dr.Lamp
21.04.2012, 09:55
Can you enable or disable WLAN using FN+F8 key combination?

damlays
21.04.2012, 10:45
Yes on the screen it seems FN+F8 key is working as expected..but in reality adapter is like always off..

Just for understanding is there any hardware failure or not, I've reinstalled the old backed up (with norton ghost) system again and I see wireless working fine again in that version of system... but that version was infected because of that I must install a clean version now..

After that I reinstalled a clean copy of windows and installed the wireless adapter driver from Toshiba website again and it is making the same problem?

"Windows network diagnosis" says that "there might be a driver problem".. but what kind of problem can it be?

Macius
21.04.2012, 21:29
>...must install a clean version now..
>...I reinstalled a clean copy of windows and installed the wireless adapter driver from Toshiba website
And why you didn’t reinstall original Toshiba recovery image and test it with “factory settings”?