PDA

View Full Version : Re: Satellite L775D-S7222 - slow download via WLAN

boogs4410
14.03.2012, 01:39
This computer has always downloaded at a slow rate via wireless. But just recently, it is ungodly slow to the point where I have to plug it in to the ethernet cord to download anything.

My internet loading speed via wireless has also slowed. It takes forever to load images and even pages at times.

Can anyone help??

badhat
14.03.2012, 02:32
> {quote:title=boogs4410 wrote:}{quote}
> This computer has always downloaded at a slow rate via wireless. But just recently, it is ungodly slow to the point where I have to plug it in to the ethernet cord to download anything. My internet loading speed via wireless has also slowed. It takes forever to load images and even pages at times.
>
> Can anyone help??

Does your wireless connection also disconnect from time-to-time without warning? e.g. does it have low signal?

Wi-fi often doesn't work well with poor signal or interference. Try moving around the house to different areas and make sure any other electronic devices that generate radiation (e.g. cellular phones) are switched off.

Does the connection speed improve in different locations?

Have you also tried using your laptop with someone else's router? Try going to an internet cafe and use the wi-fi there. Do you get the same?

First try to identify whether it is a hardware/software problem (do you have the latest drivers?), a signal/router problem (too much interference on that frequency), or an environmental problem (interference from other wi-fi, concrete walls etc).

Silas
14.03.2012, 09:57
I agree with everything what badhat wrote. Try to test WLAN connectivity somewhere else just to see if your notebook is OK.

Have you noticed this issue from the first day when you started to use your new notebook? Have you tried to restart your router?
Have you tried to test other laptops (friends, neighbours) WLAN speed with your router?

badhat
14.03.2012, 17:34
Report back as you have more details and we can narrow it down.

caepenna
17.03.2012, 15:42
Same is happening with my Satellite Pro R850-16H. It's not a problem with the signal strength, as another laptop of my household works just fine. Moreover, it is still very slow in other networks (e.g. at my uni, where wifi connection is quite fast).

Any clue what can I do to improve the connection speed?

Tonny
21.03.2012, 15:21
>Moreover, it is still very slow in other networks (e.g. at my uni, where wifi connection is quite fast).

As I understand you: notebooks Wlan data transmission rate is slow connecting to some wireless networks… I think this depends on a single Wlan standard. Of course everyone should ensure that the driver is up to date and that WLan power management is not set to save power to increase battery working time.