PDA

View Full Version : Satellite C600/C660D - troubles with WLAN connectivity



Ange2019
31.08.2011, 19:05
Hi guys

I have recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite C660/C660D Laptop to replace my old one. I have set up a wireless connection at home also. According to my laptop and wireless connection I am connected however when I go to use the internet and try to search for something it doesn't let me. I have run the troubleshoot and diagnostic tools over and over again and the message I get is "Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource is not responding'

There isn't a problem with the internet connection itself as I have tried connecting on my old Toshiba laptop and it works perfectly fine and my sister has also tried it on her Sony Laptop and not had problems connecting.

Is there a setting which needs to be adjusted?
I would be very grateful for any assistance with this and as I don't know what else to do. its starting to get a bit frustrating now

Thanks

Pedro
02.09.2011, 17:36
It is very strange.
Have you noticed the same using different browsers?
Can you use any other application like Skype or MSN?

What you can try is to update WLAN driver.

Please visit Toshiba’s WLAN portal and install latest driver for your WLAN card - http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/

thdekker
09.09.2011, 11:52
It is very well possible that your router does not reconise your (new) computer. I suggest you recet your router by taking out the power supply for 20 secs or so. Replug and thereafter your computer should be a member of your network. You can see this by opening the network centre.
A second thought: are you sure you installed the right WLAN driver?

Thom

charles
11.09.2011, 19:42
I don't know much about computers, but I also have the connection problem with my 660d. With cable no problems.. Here's something from another forum. I dont know how to disable the card (and frankly am really scared to destroy my computer) so i'm not sure if I should do this...

The driver supplied with the laptop was version 1002.2.0428.2010. When I used Device Manager (Start, then type 'device manager' in 'search programs and files'), selected 'Network adapters' and right clicked on the wireless card to 'Update Driver Software' it said that the driver was up to date. After exploring all other avenues, I finally decided to Disable the card and then Uninstall the driver. I then went to the Realtek website and downloaded the driver for the card (I think it's the same as the one for a Realtek RTL8192CE card). After installing the new driver, the version is now showing as 1005.8.1101.2010, with the date showing as 1st November 2010 - i.e. it has been updated despite the initial check showing that my original driver was current. Since installing the new driver I have not had any 'limited access' problems and am no longer chained to my router by an ethernet cable!