PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro L510 - Can't install and start Intel Link 5100

mickduy
11.07.2011, 19:03
Hi,

I have a Satellite Pro L510 (P/N:PSLFML-002004). Recently, I have updated my WLAN to Intel Link 5100 (my original WLAN is Realtek RTL8191SE). I've tried Windows 7 32bit and 64bit with intel driver, version 13.4 and 13.5, non of them has worked so far. I always get this error "This device cannot start" from Device Manager

Can anyone help me with this problem, please?

Duy

C3PO
11.07.2011, 20:41
Hello

May I ask you why you have exchanged the WLAN card? Was something wrong with your old WLAN or why you have done this?

Did WLAN functionality work before the upgrade?

I can’t say for sure why you get this error message but for me it looks like the WLAN card is not enabled… Have you enabled WLAN card using FN+F8 key combination?
?

mickduy
11.07.2011, 20:55
Hi,
I exchange my WLAN card for better range and speed
My old WLAN works normally before the upgrades
When I using intel WLAN, the Fn+F8 is not available (disable in function bar and nothing happened when I pressed it), when I using the old one, it available again. In my bios, the WLAN setting is always ON

C3PO
11.07.2011, 21:33
Hello

> My old WLAN works normally before the upgrades
So I think this WLAN card is not compatible. Not all WLAN cards are compatible with all notebooks. I think this also depending on the mainboard and BIOS…

Installing another WLAN card will not improve the range or speed. For example if you use draft N you have 300 Mbps with every WLAN card and the WLAN range is depending on the WLAN antennas and not WLAN card itself.

In your case I would install the old one and be happy with it ;)

mickduy
12.07.2011, 03:54
Hi,
So, is there anyway to know that which WLAN card is suitable with my laptop?
I'm not really sure about the range, but I think changing WLAN will change the speed, my old WLAN is 54Mbps, my new ones is 300Mbps, that's why I want to exchange :D

PauPau
12.07.2011, 13:24
Hi

I didn’t find any details about the compatible Wlan cards but I think that if the Realtek WLan card was installed in this notebook previously then you would have good chances to get other Realtek Wlan cards working too.

Greets

mickduy
12.07.2011, 18:33
Hi,
I think I'll have to find another one WLAN to upgrade
Thank you for all advises :)