PDA

View Full Version : Satellite A660 TCP connections like web browsers do not work

emschkiimo
18.06.2011, 09:03
Hi there

I'm having problems with the wireless on my Satellite A660 with Broadcom network adapater driver version 5.60.48.35.
I have a wireless network in my house. Several other devices can access the internet through it without any problem.

My computer has been able to access other wireless networks in the past, although I have had a few glitchy problems with some networks, but I'm not sure if that's related to the currrent problem.

Currently, my computer can connect to my home network and talk to other devices wirelessly.
It can also connect to the internet through UDP connection (Skype works fine) over the wireless. However, TCP connections like web browsers do not work at all.

I can connect to the internet over wired LAN without any trouble going through the same router as the wireless network, so I am pretty sure the problem is the wireless card in my computer.

Using ipconfig I can see that my computer is getting an IP address on the network. I switched off the IPv6 capability in my network card, because IPv6 is not supported by my router and I thought that might have been creating a problem, but it didn't make any difference. I've udpated the network adapter driver, but the most current version was already on my computer when I got it.

Can anyone suggest any possible fixes or further troubleshooting I can do?

Thanks

MisterX
18.06.2011, 17:43
> Currently, my computer can connect to my home network and talk to other devices wirelessly.
It can also connect to the internet through UDP connection (Skype works fine) over the wireless. However, TCP connections like web browsers do not work at all.

I afraid I don’t understand the issues; does this mean that you are connected to the router wirelessly but are not able to load any webpages?
Is this right?

Did you test the Wlan connectivity without the usage of any encryption settings on the router? Test this… in my case the issues was very similar and this was related to not supported kind of encryption.