PDA

View Full Version : Battery Wear Level 7% just from the first week use.

McLord
13.08.2010, 01:04
I just bought a Toshiba NB250 a week ago

I was checking my hardware around and Installed Notebook Hardware Control and it showed me a Battery Wear Level of 7% just in the first week.

Why is that ? Is that normal ? I have my Qosmio X300 for a year now and its battery wear level is 0%

What is the minimum acceptable wear level to be liable for battery change under warranty ?

Thank you !

Dr.Lamp
14.08.2010, 15:04
> What is the minimum acceptable wear level to be liable for battery change under warranty?
It is very complicated question and I don't think someone here will give you exact answer to this question.

Notebook hardware control is good tool but if this tool is really relevant is other question.
What is maximum notebook running time on battery power supply?

McLord
14.08.2010, 22:52
I think it is about 100~120 hours

Xardas
15.08.2010, 09:23
Hi McLoard,

Are you using battery optimized power plan or high performance mode of Windows?

As Dr.Lamp wrote itís really hard to say itís very complicated question and I think only an authorized service provider can give you a detailed answer about minimum level and it can be exchanged under warranty.

McLord
15.08.2010, 20:09
Hello..

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I do use "High Performance" when I am on AC power and "Balanced" on Battery Mode when I do work with Office and listening to music and "Power Plan" when I am surfing the Internet and chatting on Battery Mode as well.

I may need to call my ASP to see what they can say about this problem.

Xardas
15.08.2010, 21:30
Hi McLord,

> I may need to call my ASP to see what they can say about this problem.
Yes, itís the best option that you have. ASP can give you certified and official answer what you should do in this case.

Here itís only user to user forum where you can talk with normal people like you and me so get in contact with the technicians ;)

McLord
15.08.2010, 22:40
Thanks Xardas

I will contact them ASAP.. and tell you about their reply :)