PDA

View Full Version : NB200-10Z - Freezes after turning on

Inccino
22.01.2010, 17:01
Hi, I've used my NB200-10z for 6 months without any problems.

But today I couldn't turn it on right away. I have to turn on and off power button several times to get it working. The battery is charged and there is power supply.

After I press turn on button, the cooler swiches on, the HDD indicator is green and the picture "Toshiba Leading Innovation" appears. Then the HDD indicator turns down and the picture freezes. And then nothing happends. The notebook doesn't respond on the "F2" or "F12" keys. I turn it off and try to turn it again. After several times the OS starts and the notebook works perfectly.

This sutiation repeated again - I have to turn on and off power button several times to get it working.
Please, help me, what should I do that the notebook starts properly?

C3PO
27.01.2010, 17:15
Hi Inccino,

Thatís really strange. Normally this happens if a hardware part canít be recognized properly but itís hard to say what is causing thisÖ

In my opinion you could try to update the BIOS. Maybe this will workÖ

If not itís time for professional help => Authorized Service Provider
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an ASP

Good luck! :)

Akuma
08.03.2010, 00:19
Did you upgrade the RAM? Some aftermarket RAM can cause problems like this. If not, send the machine to an ASP for repair.

carrothu
14.04.2010, 05:02
Hi

I am having the same kind problem, even worse!

I bought my NB200 Aug 2009, it has been working very well for me till about 2 weeks ago.

One day, I turned it off normally, second day morning, I tried to trun on, I only see power light, plugin light, battery charging light up., the HDD light flashed once for maybe 2-3 seconds, then fade away. And the screan remains blank all the way.

I tried remove battery, unplug, wait up to 3 hours, put everything back, it still not starting up.
Also I tried with different RAM, but result remains the same.

And the situation getting worse and worse. About 2 weeks ago, when it first started, after about 10 tries, I could get it start. This morning I had to try over an hour, and finally got lucky once.

So, anyone is having the same problem? Any suggestions?

mar&co
19.04.2010, 15:51
I have the same problem. The computer starts but when "Toshiba Leading Innovation" appears it stalls. The screen doesn't go blank but I can't do anything just to switch off the computer.
Does anybody have a clue why this is happening and how to fix it?
I am thinking about bringing the laptop to the shop where I got it. I hope I don't have to delete all my personal data.

jeka-israel
19.04.2010, 16:15
Hi,

It looks like the southbridge malfunction, a chip that implements the "slower" capabilities in motherboard..... You should contact the ASP (service center) as you can't fix yourself. If it's the southbridge, the whole motherboard need to be replaced. I am not sure, but the sympotm is of the southbridge, Bios failure also can take place .
About talking your personal data, as you mentioned.You can delete if you have something important or private. heh.

Good luck

Inccino
19.04.2010, 18:48
Finely, i had to bring my notebook to the Toshiba service cencer. The broblem was with the motherboard. It was replaced during two weeks after my application to the cencer.

Inccino
19.04.2010, 18:49
Thank you for your help.